Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Looks Like Spring

I had an extra base that I made from the Caardvark's challenge card so I tied a bow on it and got to some fussy cutting. I stamped the tulips from PTI's new Wishing You set. These images are so cute I want to marry them. Okay, that is a bit too far but I do love them! I stamped the tulips on SU!'s Whisper White and cut them out. Since the base was done, I had put a little detail onto this card by cutting out the tulips. All the tulips are raised with dimensionals (look at the close-up below). I also needed to use more of these uber-cute images and stamped the inside of the card.




Note: If you want to stamp with SU! classic ink using acrylic stamps 1) make sure you take an eraser to the stamp 2) clean it off in order to remove all the erasures 3) Place Fun Foam under the card. Heather Nichols provided instruction for how to create fab images with acrylic stamps on her blog.

Supplies:
Paper: White Cardstock (Archiver's), Basic Black and Whisper White Cardstock (SU!), Urban Prarie Patterned Paper (Basic Grey)
Ink: Basic Black, Taken with Teal, Old Olive, Purely Pomegranite Classic Ink (SU!)
Stamps: Wishing You (Papertrey Ink) Extras: Ribbon (SU!)

6 comments:

Ruby said...

Lovely card. I love the bow and the way you've followed the detail through to the inside of the card. Fab! :o)

Randee E said...

This is UBER cute! Love the bright colors . . . my birthdays coming up :0)

KatieTurtle said...

I commented earlier but it looks like my comment is gone! I really like the way you finished the inside of the card and thanks for the tips on using acrylic stamps.

Scrapping Julie said...

shikes!!! awesome.

Lisa H. said...

thanks for posting the links on the blog hop chatter. Um.... this is sooooo pretty! I love the colors and your design.

Melanie said...

This is sooo cute! Love that big green bow!!