Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Retro Background


This is my First PTI Blog Hop; I am so excited that I made 2 projects. For the first project I made background paper using tone on tone color and used my Big Shot to cut out the paper using Sizzlits dies. I love how this turned out. I also put some of the hand stamped paper on the inside of the card.





Supplies (Live your Bliss):
Paper: Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart, and Raspberry Fizz cardstock (PTI); Basic Black, Wild Wasabi, and Kraft cardstock (SU!)
Ink: Raspberry Fizz and Aqua Mist (PTI); Basic Black and Wild Wasabi(SU!)
Stamps: Background Basics: Retro and Mega Mixed Messages (PTI)
Extras: Larg Bling (Joann's), Small Bling (Mark Richards), Sizzlits (Sizzix Exclusive for SU!)

I stamped the background using Background Basics: Retro in black ink and then filled in the circles with a white gel pen. The base of my card turned out to be quite busy, so I decided to make the focal point a simple black and white sentiment. Now I want to replicate this card in more fun PTI colors. This card was made with Melon Berry, but I think this background is screaming to be made with Aqua Mist.

I have also used this set to create other fun backgrounds here and here.





Supplies:(Absolutely Fabulous)
Paper: Melon Berry cardstock (PTI), Whisper White and Basic Black cardstock (SU!)
Ink: Basic Black (SU!)
Stamps: Background Basics: Retro and Mega Mixed Messages (PTI)
Extras: scallop border punch and corner rounder (EK Success), white gel pen (Signo)

27 comments:

IamDerby said...

beautiful! the first is my favorite.

BethieJ said...

What lovely cards!! Great job!! Happy 1st blog hop!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun white accents on your backgound. I also really like the way you used the stamped paper and your punches. You rocked the background challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Courtney Baker said...

I'm loving that crisp black! Love it!

Tenia Nelson said...

Great cards!!! tfs!!
-t

Lisa H. said...

welcome! these turned out great! love your designs and your blog!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I love that you die cut the backgrounds. Great job!

peggysue said...

I think I like the second one best. Very nice backgrounds you made, they're both very cool.

Jessica said...

So pretty! I LOVE those flowers on the first one!

KatieTurtle said...

nice job tif. i am partial to the second one.

Deanna said...

Wow these are awesome!

Jennifer L. said...

Love your clean designs. Congrats on your first hop! Mine too.

Melissa said...

They are very pretty, great job!

Dana Gustafson said...

THe melon berry and black is scrumptious!

Allison Cope said...

Beautiful cards Tiffany! Love the last one!

Karen said...

Great job utilizing stamped backgrounds in two totally different ways! :>

Jen Caputo said...

Love how you used your backgrounds to create those flowers - so very fun!

Melanie said...

I love that you used your stamped background paper to make the flowers. Very cute!

Melanie said...

I just realized your the one I've been following all night! I have been just two steps behind you all night-I keep seeing your name right above mine when posting comments and have been wondering when I would get to yours!!! Nice to finally put a blog to the name!

Daniela Dobson said...

So pretty!

Lynn P. said...

So pretty - really love the one w/the flowers

Heather P. said...

Gorgeous cards! :)

Lee said...

I love your first card. The flowers are beautiful.

Lizzie Jones said...

I love how you didn't just use your patterns as backgrounds. Thanks for sharing!

Terri said...

Nice job on all of them! The one with the flowers is my favorite too.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards, Tiffany! I love the colors and stamped papers!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! especially love the first one!!