Monday, March 2, 2009

With Sympathy - Pet

The girls came over this weekend for a little crafting at my place. There may have been a paper explosion in the dining room, but as always a ton of fun. I have a few more postings from the meeting of the crafty minds so keep checking back, and pop on over to their blogs (Janie's blog and DZines by MEG) under My Favorite Creative Sites to see their work. The common theme for me had to be Papertrey. All I have to say is I HEART Papertrey! Apparently, since this is the second blog in a row that I say how much I love their stuff. I used their Pet Sympathy sentiments stamp set to create these two cards. The one above uses their fabulous satin ribbon (I need them all). I borrowed the satin Spring Moss ribbon from Marisa. I revamped that card using ribbon that I owned to create Sympathy cards for my monthly themed card swap (the card below). I used the damask stamp to create a background, and the paw print to add a background to the sentiment. The damask background, the script font, and the black pearls resulted in an elegant, thoughtful card.


Supplies:
Paper: Basic Grey, Whipser White, Cool Caribbean Cardstock (SU!); Spring Moss Cardstock (PTI)

Ink: Basic Grey (SU!); StazOn Black; Spring Moss Palette Hybrid Ink (PTI); Aqua Versamagic Ink
Stamps: Damask Stamp (Studio g - $1 Michael's stamp); With Sympathy Loss of a Pet (PTI)
Extras: Corner Rounder (SU!); Black Pearls (Mark Richards); Spring Moss Ribbon (PTI); Blue Ribbon (Target Club Wedd)

No comments: