Monday, June 22, 2009

Live Your Bliss


It was a really busy weekend. In between the storms on Friday I went to my fav LSS, Craft Fancy, for their 1 year b-day celebration. I picked up these super fab yellow roses and pearl, swirl bling. I saw them and knew I had to make a card for my Mom's B-day with them. I matched them up with papers and a die cut from my June Studio Calico SCRAPBOOK* kit, did a little distressing to tone down the white and to turn my aquamist into a more vibrant blue, and viola. I did all that late on Sat evening. That sucker didn't stay sealed in the envelope for long, since my mom's b-day was on Sunday. She loved it! And oh how I loved this card, too. It was a nice depart from my typical style....I rarely go vintage.


*Note: I really am supposed to be scrapbooking with these things...I broke down. Too much instant gratification with completing a card.

The Close-Up

Supplies:
Paper: Aquamist cardstock (PTI); Very Vanilla Cardstock (SU!); Yellow PP (October Afternoon - SC Kit); Red polka dot PP (Cosmo Cricket - SC Kit); Die Cut (Collage Press - SC Kit)
Ink: Broken China and Antique Linen distress ink (Ranger)
Stamps: Mega Mixed Messages (PTI)
Extras: Apron Lace Punch (Fiskars); Bling and Flower (Prima)

No comments: