Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tonight is the Night....

of edits! I revamped my Dawn McVey color challenge card HERE so make sure you check that out. I also created the card labeled below last night and brought it into work, because it seemed off. Randee looked at it and said "it would be cute with some ribbon here". So, what did I do? I went home used my last bit of my cool Caribbean-esque Target ribbon and made the After photo. Love it! It is amazing what a little ribbon can do.



Before



And After



This was the first card I made coloring with Copics on Kraft and it will definitely not be the last. I loved how it turned out. At first it looks a little muddy, but then the color pops once the ink dries. I also need to note that adore this new stamp set I purchased this past week end...love it!

Have a great night! I am off to schedule some post while I am on vaca ~whooo hooo~. I leave for Seattle on Friday and I can't wait. I haven't been their in a few years, and since I was last there my cousin and her hubby had a baby girl...well, I guess not so much a bab since she is 1 1/2 now! Time flies. Last time we went out we stayed in the San Juans on Fourth of July and had a Sunset Cruise. Here are a few pics from the last trip. I know a wordy post tonight, but my enthusiasm got the best of me! Sorry.




Supplies:
Paper:
Kraft (SU!); Patterned Paper (K&Co)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Momento); Black marker (SU!)
Stamps: Hodgepodge stamp set (Unity); Sentiment (SU!)
Extras: Ribbon (Target Club Wedd); Copics

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Nice makeover on your card...the ribbon is a nice touch but hey, I love ribbon...it was cute before the ribbon too....

Have fun in Seattle...I love it in washington...couldn't imagine living anywhere else!

Harriet H said...

looks like a great vacation and much deserved i am sure.... the ribbon did make the difference .... is a beautiful card

Randee E said...

The ribbon really makes the little birdie pop. I LOVE this card and the stamp set Whoo HOO! What a deal!