Sunday, August 23, 2009

With Sympathy



I had a fabulous weekend with the girls (Marisa and Janie) and I got quite a bit of scrapbooking done. So, expect to see a few pages this week. I also got a lot of shopping in as this was the Scrapbook expo. We took two classes from Basic Grey, one scrapbooking and one card making class. The Scrapbooking class was oh so fabulous with a lot of fussy cutting, and Layle was a phenomenal teacher. In the card class we made 5 cards using the Lemonade paper collection and received a 6 x 6 Lemonade paper pack. I will be challenging myself to use some more of that paper. To end the weekend I thought I would post a sympathy card. I wanted to keep this card simple so I created a tone on tone background with the focus on a gussied-up sentiment.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Supplies:
Paper:
Spring Moss cardstock (PTI); Cream cardstock (Neenah)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Momento) and Versamark
Stamps: Damask, Flourishes and Child Sympathy (PTI)
Extras: Spring Moss Ribbon (PTI)

3 comments:

Randee E said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors and the tone on tone damask. Can't wait to see whatelseyou created this week :0)

Harriet H said...

this is a perfect sympathy card

Alyssa S said...

This is gorgeous! I love the tone on tone damask and the *gussied* up sentiment ;o)