Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sketch Girls Challenge #5



It is that time again...for another Sketch Girl challenge. For this challenge I created this fun Bot card. You know how I love puns, so I had to use another one. I picked up 3 robots with sentiments at the Scrapbook Expo in St. Charles this past August. I giggled when I bought them, and the sentiments still make me laugh. The sentiment is normally straight, but I curved it when I placed it on the block to curve around the edge of the circle. I mounted the Bot on Tangerine cardstock that was cut in a circle and then cut out notches to make a gear. The other gear is chipboard that I painted orange.

Stop by the Sketch Girl blog to play along and hop on over to the other girl's blogs to check out their work using the links in the far left column or at the Sketch Girl Blog. Happy hopping!

Supplies:
Paper:
Sahara Sand, Tangerine Tango (SU!); Solar White (Neenah); Patterned Paper (Sassafras))
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Momento); Basic Black Marker (SU!)
Stamps: Robot stamp and Setiment (Storage Units, Ink & More)
Extras: Copics; Ribbon (Basic Grey); Buttons (Making Memories); Chipboard (Maya Road); Pearls (Mark Richards)

14 comments:

Harriet H said...

How cute...what boy wouldn't love to have this birthday card.... what a great take on the sketch.....

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love your bot card! I appreciate a good pun myself. Great work!

Randee E said...

OMG! I LOVE this!! Awesome gears too! He's soo darn cute. Love the subtle shading around him - rerally makes him pop.

Laurel said...

Aw, so cute!

KatieTurtle said...

Ok, the robot is too cute, and the notched circle is just genius!

Jessica Theodore said...

Great take on the sketch! love your sentiment it's funny :) great colour combo too!! may have to give it a try one day xx

~amy~ said...

CUTE...love the robot and the sassy paper :)

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

He is so cute - great use of the cogs for this sketch!

Unknown said...

Fantastic little boy card. I don't think I have ever made one...they always turn out pink!!!!

Sara said...

Adorable! Love the robot!

Jennie said...

Love the robot...so cute! Great job on the sketch!

Jess said...

Such an adorable card! The pun is so cute!

Alyssa S said...

This is awesome! I love the *gear* you mounted him on and the blue aura around him - it's just too cute! The doodles really add to it too ;o)

Laura Bassen said...

I love your random dashy outlines, very cool:) Never thought to try that, but now I'm gonna:)