Wednesday, November 24, 2010

O' Christmas Tag

 
I love Christmas Tags!  When I get in the Christmas mojo slump and I can't even craft I card, I turn to my good ole friend the tag.  They are smaller, quick, easy and can be as simple or detailed as I want them to be.  For some reason I do a lot less thinking when it comes to making a tag than I do when crafting a card.  Anyways...I thought I would post a couple of tags that I made over Marisa's.

For the snowman tag.  I started out with the new JilliBean Soup Kraft paper and added 2 strips of lacey ribbon.  I picked up a while ago from Micheal's.  I then added a  Martha Stewart Doily.  The center of the doily was created using the Schlosser Designs Circle-A-Thon stamp.  I stamped the image in white on red cardstock and added some glittery yellow bling to make a pointsetta center and mounted that on green stamped with a circle outline for the Circle-A-Thon set, and then added both to Brown to make it pop off the doily.

For the red polka dot tag, I used up some American Crafts Details that I received 2-3 years ago for free.  It was one of those buy a certain number of thickers and get a mini-detail pack for free.  You know that I love my thickers and I love free, so I ended up with 4 packs of these suckers.  I finally used up some of them.  This was a quick and easy tag.  I mounted the AC embelishment to scalloped cardstock, adhered that to a Martha Stewart Doily and attached it all to a hand cut tag.  Super easy and I love how it turned out.

I know...I lot of explaination for 2 tags - ah I have wordy days every now and again.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

these are fabulous... love love those diecut lace tags.. love them for cardmaking.. oh so fun!

~amy~ said...

sweet tags...I sooo need those doilies!

Ann said...

Both are absolutely adorable!

Happy Thanksgiving! :D

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Super tags for the holidays. Love the red one and the Martha Stewart doilies. Have a very nice Thanksgiving!