Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Laughter

I saw Kristina's color challenge this week and just knew I needed to use my paisly background stamp since it reminds me of that super cute dress. I HEART paisley. I decided to use clear embossing powder with the background stamp on the basic gray to add a little texture and shine (you can see the embossing better in the close up). I paired this up with my new Quickutz die and a little Sassafras paper and we were good to go. The colors surprisingly came together so easily. It was a suprise since I usually never use rust or mustard.

I also created this card from the current CPS card sketch (CPS102). Two challenges in one; I never do that (I am so pround). I was so excited to post this one that I had to stay up late! Hope you like it.



The Close-Up
Supplies:
Paper: Really Rust, Basic Gray and Very Vanilla cardstock (SU!); PP (Sassafras)
Ink: Versamark; Really Rust and Basic Gray Classic Ink (SU!)
Stamps: Paisley Background and Sentiment (SU! - Retired)
Extras: Corner Rounder (EK sucess); Button (Autumn Leaves); Twine (PTI); Label Die (Quickutz); Clear Embossing Powder (Ranger Ink)

10 comments:

Winter said...

Pretty card! I love paisleys too! :)

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Love this, Tiffany. The stamping on the black paper looks awesome!

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful embossing and I love that sentiment!

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is a great card!!

Anonymous said...

Ooooohhh! Lol! (That was my reaction when I saw the close-up pic...lol!)

Great card - I really like that die that you used!

Dana F. said...

Such a wonderful and elegant card! Love the embossed paisley background!!

Dawn said...

Very elegant...don't you just LOVE that Sweet Serendipity stamp set? So sad to see it retire. Beautiful card!

Randee E said...

LOVE it! Can't wait to see the texture up close :0)

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Dotty Jo said...

I love this card, great stamping and embossing!