Sunday, June 14, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #9

I finally had a moment to breathe and created this fun card for Dawn's color challenge this week. How could I not participate with these fabulous colors. This is also helpinng me get out of my mojo funk....have you ever had one of those? You sit there and stare and stare. Finally you come up with a 15 minute card in like 3 -4 hours. That has been me the last two weeks. I think this might have broke my slump (I hope).
I created this card by making a plaid background paper using my Retro Background sets and then used a simple sentiment from Mega Mixed Messages accented with Styled Silver Hardware. Fun, easy card. If you like what you see let me know.


Supplies:
Paper: Basic Black and Wild Wasabi cardstock (SU!); Cream cardstock (Neenah)
Ink: Vintage Cream (PTI); Tuxedo Black (Momento)
Stamps: Mega Mixed Messages and Retro Basics Backgrounds (PTI)
Extras: Punch and Hardware (SU!); Ribbon (Target Club Wedd)

22 comments:

Windy Robinson Life Handmade said...

Nice job-- I love the green background.

rachel said...

I tiffany. Cute card. Thanks for the comment and question about the distress tag. I actually saw a demo on tim Holtz website of how to do the water color effect. Pretty cool and easy. You just need some distress inks, a water mister and a heat tool. Its easy and I love the look.

Traveling Mama said...

I had never thought of using the retro backgrounds like that! What a great tip! And I love your card!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Beautiful card! I love the background you made and the silver piece!

PurpleD said...

Lovely!

Randee E said...

NEVER would've guessed that wasn't PP. Looks great!

My Secret Life in Lilly said...

Love how clean your art is. Classic & timeless. Very nice!

Susan said...

So pretty - clean and simple and beautiful!

KatieTurtle said...

Filing this one away in my CASE file...top pick for me!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

WOW!!! This is a great card simple and sleek. Way to rock out this color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

casualfriday said...

What a great card, Tiffany! The silver hardware on the green background looks awesome! Nice job!

Marisa G said...

Very pretty! Love your use of the colors...

Winter said...

Beautiful card! I love the pattermed paper you made! Top pick for sure! :)

Mimi said...

you found your mojo! Great card!

Karen said...

Oh so clean and classy!! I really like what you created. Congrats on being in Dawn's Spotlight! :>

Elise said...

WOW! Your card is crisp and beautiufl: I love it! Congratulations on your spotlight nod! Great job!

Heather P. said...

Beautiful work as always! Congrats on making the Spotlight! :)

Lisa said...

Love the plaid on this card... been wanting to try that.. congrats on making the spotlight!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Love this card!

Julie Batta said...

Congrats!! So beautiful and I love that frame around the sentiment.

Julie Batta

Deanna said...

Stunning! Congrats on the spotlight!

Winter said...

Congrats on top pick, I knew it would be! Love the card! :)